At Hales Corners Lutheran Church, we seek to be instruments in God’s hands as he develops Missional Maturity in the hearts of his people.
Missional Maturity is, “faith growing and showing itself in love that is turned upward toward Him and outward toward those He loves.” (Matthew 22:34-40)
Missionally Mature Christians are:
- Engaged fully in Worship (Psalm 86:1-17)
- Dedicated to the study of God’s Word (Psalm 119:105; 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
- Serving in a mission and ministry that fits his/her God-given abilities (Ephesians 2:10)
- Giving in response to God’s love in Jesus, in order to fund the mission and ministry of this faith family (2 Corinthians 9:5-12)
- Growing in spiritual disciplines (Acts 2:42; 1 Thessalonians 5:15-18)
None of these things are done for our own benefit alone, but we are equipped through Worship, Word, Serving, Giving, and Growing so that we are able to boldly carry out the Mission Jesus gave to us when he said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them inthe name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.” Matthew 28:18-20 ESV
Join us on this journey as we strive to live lives that make an eternal difference.